Technical Writer – Contract or Permanent position
Location: Vancouver office
No positions available at this time
This dynamic, growing organization is currently recruiting for a Technical Writer. We are looking to grow our team with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for our customers.
iFinance Canada Inc. is a national consumer financing company that’s offered an array of financing to Canadians since 1996.
We are looking for a talented technical writer to develop and produce high-quality developer, application administrator and power user documentation for a CRM/Financial Lending application. The scope of work is expected to include existing functionality, developed across 20 years, as well as future updates. The Technical Writer will work closely with the original Developer initially to build the core documentation upon which future development and administrative decisions will be made. 70+ users rely on this application for the bulk of their workflow and productivity. Some tasks are done daily (by the minute, even!) others are done monthly, quarterly or annually.
This documentation will be mission critical for iFinance. For you, this is an opportunity to design, build and create core documentation for a national consumer finance company. Power users will rely on this documentation for less frequently used functions. Administrators and Management will rely on this documentation for decision-making to ensure continuity in meeting corporate obligations when changes are made, and to decide upon future development investments. New developers will heavily rely on this documentation for just about everything.
We prefer a permanent position but are open to a 6-month recurring contract for a great talent that may prefer a contract.
- A Bachelor's Degree in English, Communication or another relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 (five) years’ experience as a technical writer.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- An ability to learn unfamiliar software quickly and effectively.
- Very stable company
- Positive environment and great hours
- Competitive salary with incentive program
- Superior benefits including extended health care, gym membership and RRSP plan.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Experience with MS Access & MS Visual Basic is an asset.
- Experience with finance, lending, accounting and/or CRM applications is an asset.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills, quick thinker
- Positive individual with very good attention to details
- Must be able to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Punctual, professional and reliable.
- Good references – thorough background check will be required
This is an excellent, full time permanent position with a well known company. The position is located at 24 West 4th Ave, Vancouver BC, V5Y 1G3.
iFinance Canada is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request and throughout the entire recruitment process.
How to Apply
No positions available at this time. If you would like to apply for future consideration, please email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "Technical Writer – Contract or Permanent position".