Legal Assistant / Debt Collection – First Party Collections
Location: Toronto Office
No positions available at this time
This dynamic, growing organization is currently recruiting for a Paralegal / Debt Collector – First Party Collections. We are looking to grow our team with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for our customers.
iFinance Canada Inc. is a national consumer financing company that’s offered an array of financing to Canadians since 1996.
This position is a great opportunity to build on existing legal and communication skills as well as to fine tune your multi-tasking abilities, while developing your debt resolution and problem-solving skills.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Legal debt collection through Small Claims Court paperwork and processes
- Representing the company in Small Claims Court
- Convincing debtors to repay debts outstanding
- Inbound/outbound collection calls (no tele-marketing; no auto-dialer)
- Reviewing accounts and make payment arrangements with clients
- Skip Tracing
- Customer service: update Client contact & account information; quote payout balances etc
- Responding to client enquiries
- Providing superior professional service to valued clients
- Very stable company
- Positive environment and good hours
- Competitive salary with incentive program
- Superior benefits including extended health care, gym membership and RRSP plan.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications/attributes:
- Experience with legal paperwork preferred
- Knowledge or experience of Small Claims Court is an asset
- Debt collection knowledge or experience preferred
- Positive individual with very good attention to detail
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills, quick thinker
- Must be able to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Punctual, professional and reliable
- Exceptional customer service experience
- Good references – a thorough background check is required
- Bilingual French/English is an asset.
Must be willing to travel to Small Claims Court locations in Ontario.
Must have a valid Ontario Drivers License.
Must be willing to work full range of shifts within the following hours:
• Monday to Friday: 8:30am to 9:00pm EST
• Saturday: 9:00am to 5:00pm EST. Approximately once a month
This is an excellent, full time permanent position with a well known company. The position is located in Yorkville (Bay /Bloor) and is easily accessible by TTC.
iFinance Canada is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request and throughout the entire recruitment process.
How to Apply
No positions available at this time. If you would like to apply for future consideration, please email a copy of your resume to email@example.com with subject line "Legal Assistant / Debt Collection – First Party Collections".