Paralegal / Debt Collection – First Party Collections
Location: Toronto Office
Accepting applications, immediate opening - How to apply
This dynamic, growing organization is currently recruiting for a Paralegal / Debt Collector – First Party Collections. We are looking to grow our team with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for our customers.
iFinance Canada Inc. is a national consumer financing company that has offered an array of financing to Canadians since 1996.
This position is a great opportunity to build on existing legal and communication skills as well as to fine tune your multi-tasking abilities, while developing your debt resolution and problem-solving skills.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Legal debt collection through Small Claims Court paperwork and processes
- Representing the company in Small Claims Court
- Convincing debtors to repay debts outstanding
- Inbound/outbound collection calls (no tele-marketing; no auto-dialer)
- Reviewing accounts and make payment arrangements with clients
- Skip Tracing
- Customer service: update Client contact & account information; quote payout balances etc
- Responding to client enquiries
- Providing superior professional service to valued clients
- Very stable company
- Positive environment and good hours
- Competitive salary with incentive program
- Superior benefits including extended health care, gym membership and RRSP plan.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications/attributes:
- Licensed Ontario Paralegal
- Positive individual with very good attention to detail
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills, quick thinker
- Must be able to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Punctual, professional and reliable
- Exceptional customer service experience
- Good references – a thorough background check is required
- Bilingual French/English is an asset
- Must be willing to travel to Small Claims Court locations in Ontario
- Must have a valid Ontario Drivers License
Must be willing to work full range of shifts within the following hours:
Monday to Friday: 8:30am to 9:00pm EST
Saturday: 9:00am to 5:00pm EST. Approximately once a month
This is an excellent, full time permanent position with a well known company. The position is located in Yorkville (Bay /Bloor) and is easily accessible by TTC.
How to Apply
This is an immediate opening. If you meet the qualifications and are interested, please email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "Paralegal / Debt Collection – First Party Collections ".